The Chonburi Department of Public Health announced 81 new and confirmed cases of Covid-19 today, June 10th.
This makes a total of 5,200 cases of Covid-19 in the current round of infections, with 883 still in medical care, and with a total of 30 recorded deaths in Chonburi since the start of this recent round of infections in early April.
Additionally, 4,287 people in total have now been released from medical care and fully recovered since this current wave began. 48 people were released yesterday.
The district-level new cases were as follows today:
Mueang Chonburi with 16, Si Racha 47, Banglamung (including Pattaya) 7, Panat Nikhom 2, Ban Bueng 4, Pan Thong 1, and four patients were transferred from another province to Chonburi for medical care.
The details on the cases are as follows:
- Cluster from the Kaset Ruamjai Market (Baan Thung Market) in Si Racha, 29 cases
- Cluster at the Pizza Company in Robinson Lifestyle shopping mall, Don Hualor, Mueang Chonburi, 7 case
- Contact from previous confirmed cases from Bangkok, 1 case
- Close contact from a previously confirmed case from a cluster at New Market, 1 case
- Contact from previous confirmed cases
- In families, 8 cases
- In workplaces, 19 case
- Close contact from previous confirmed cases being investigated, 6 cases
- Being investigated, 10 cases
In the last day, a total of 98 close contacts were tested from contact tracing, and 565 people were tested in proactive testing when medical staff goes out into the community. All are pending results.
Public health officials continue to urge people to not socialize outside of their direct household until the situation improves. Most cases have come from small social gatherings, including between family and coworkers, according to authorities.
Join the discussion in our Facebook group https://www.facebook.com/groups/438849630140035/ or in the comments below.
Want to advertise with us or inquire about promoting your business, event, charity, or sporting event? E-mail us at Pattayanewseditor@gmail.com