825 new confirmed cases of Covid-19 in Chonburi today
496 people recovered and were released from medical care
2 new deaths
The Chonburi Department of Public Health announced 825 new and confirmed cases of Covid-19 today with two new deaths, January 14th, 2022.
This makes a total of 9,869 cases of Covid-19 in the current round of infections, with 8,293 people still under medical care/supervision, and with a total of 7 recorded deaths in Chonburi since the start of this recent round of infections in the beginning of this year, January, 2022.
Additionally, 496 people were also released and recovered yesterday in Chonburi. 1,569 people in total have now been released from medical care and recovered in Chonburi since this current wave of Covid-19 began in the beginning of this year, January, 2022.
One person was listed as being in serious condition in Chonburi currently, either on a ventilator or pneumonia. The person was completely vaccinated. According to the Chonburi Department of Public Health, the vast majority of recent cases are mild or asymptomatic.
The two new deaths were the average age of 74 years old. Both of them were not vaccinated. Both had numerous personal health problems and pre-existing conditions.
In total, 1,926,367 people in Pattaya and Chonburi have received their first dose of a Covid -19 vaccine which is 82.71 percent of the total Chonburi population. Of those, 299,731 have received their first dose and are what the Thai government calls 608 groups (elders, have chronic health problems, and pregnant) which is 81.02 percent of those in these risk groups in Chonburi.
The district-level new cases were as follows today:
Mueang Chonburi 88, Si Racha 173, Banglamung (Pattaya) 419, Panat Nikhom 10, Sattahip 76 (in Navy area 20), Ban Bueng 8, Phan Thong 13, Bor Thong 2, Ko Si Chang 1, and 35 people transferred from other provinces for medical care.
The details on the cases are as follows:
- Work and stayed in Rayong, transferred from other provinces for medical care, 30 cases
- Cluster, Bangkok Jareonmit company in Si Racha, 2 cases
- Cluster, Michelin Siam company in Si Racha, 4 cases
- Cluster, Autoliv in Phan Thong, 3 cases
- Cluster, Aapico Construction Products company in Mueang Chonburi, 3 cases
- Risky occupations meeting many people, 25 cases
- 11 medical personnel
- Back from other provinces 26 cases
8.1 Bangkok, 6 cases
8.2 Petchabun. 2 cases
8.3 Songkhla, 2 cases
8.4 Samut Prakan, 2 cases
8.5 Sukhothai, 2 cases
8.6 Ubon Ratchathani, 2 cases
8.7 Kanchanaburi, 1 cases
8.8 Kalasin, 1 case
8.9 Chiang Mai, 1 case
8.10 Nakhon Nayok, 1 case
8.11 Nakhon Sawan, 1 case
8.12 Buriram, 1 case
8.13 Pathum Thani, 1 case
8.14 Yasothorn, 1 case
8.15 Udon Thani, 1 case
8.16 Pitsanulok, 1 case
9. Close contacts from previously confirmed cases in families – 191 cases, in workplaces – 180 cases, close personal contacts – 35 cases, and joined a party – 21 cases
10. Close contacts of a confirmed patient (under investigation), 36 cases
11. 247 cases close contacts of a confirmed patient (under investigation)